We know our calendars are getting full. We are so happy to be able to offer great clinics and camps (cue Spring Break and Summer Camps), but don’t forget about our training programs!
Camps and clinics are tons of fun and a great way to spend time doing something we love. Training is another thing altogether. Training is where we get the solid, individual instruction on every skill needed to be the best all around basketball player. We spend uninterrupted time on offense, defense, drills, footwork and more. We design each of our training programs to keep moving you forward.
Make sure you are involved in the training program for you. We’ve got one for every schedule, level and budget.
It’s that time of year again — time where things slow down just a bit, allowing us an opportunity to plan well for spring and summer. Make sure you know exactly what we’ve got happening before your calendar gets crazy!
Don’t worry, there’s still time — but you don’t want to wait any longer!
Make sure you register for our upcoming Love of Basketball Clinic! All the fun happens on Monday, February 20! Join us on the court for 3 full hours of drills and coaching, to sharpen and strengthen all of those basketball skills. And to top it off, it’s just plain fun!
So, all those 9 – 14 year olds, come join us for a day you’ll LOVE!
Are you one of those “new year, new you” kind of people? Each new year brings us opportunities to start fresh, do something different, change a behavior (or two). We’ve got the best Hoops parents out there — but it’s always good to check our priorities, especially when it comes to our children in sports. Use this list from I Love to Watch You Play as simple ways to be supportive and encouraging our children in sports.
1. I WILL KEEP QUIET AFTER GAMES. Unless I’m asked my opinions about how they played or observations about the game, I will keep to myself.
2. I WILL NOT CARE MORE ABOUT MY KIDS’ SUCCESS IN THEIR SPORT THAN THEY DO. They will drive their own bus – however much they want to push, I will help them achieve their goals. But the motivating force will be them, not me.
3. I WILL BE LESS CRITICAL and uptight while watching them play and try to emit only positive energy during games.
4. I WILL NOT OVER-ANALYZE THEIR COACHES. They will have great, good, and bad coaches throughout their sporting careers. I will not make it my job to fix this when it’s not ideal.
5. OUR FAMILY WILL PLAY TOGETHER MORE AND FIND UNIQUE WAYS TO WORK OUT TOGETHER. We will do more fun outdoor activities like hiking and running and playing sports together, just for fun.
6. I WILL BE A BETTER ROLE MODEL by eating healthier, working out more, and getting off my devices more often – instead of just demanding they do.
7. I WILL MAKE INJURY PREVENTION A PRIORITY. With so many practices and games, we spend too much time on performance and not enough time on making sure their growing bodies are taken care of properly. Each of my kids has a program for stretching and building strength in weak and overused areas, but we can never find the time to do the regimens. I will work this into their schedules.
8. I WILL ALLOW THEM THE FREEDOM TO FAIL. Instead of always trying to be one step ahead of their next misstep, I will sit back more and allow them to experience natural consequences, both positive and negative, of their choices.
9. I WILL FIND MORE TIME OR MAKE THE TIME FOR MORE IMPORTANT PURSUITS like spiritual, altruistic, and fun. Sports has swallowed up the time we used to make for volunteering, religious endeavors, and simply finding hobbies our kids enjoy.
10. I WILL BE HAPPY AND EXCITED regardless of the level they play at or the amount of playing time they get.
Our Winter Camps ended 2022 is an all-out, way-to-go, Hoops style!
This camps is one of our favorites and has quickly become an annual event. We had two different camps running for 3 days each, allowing kids of all ages and levels to spend some solid time on the court together. Each group was able to work on their speed, passing and shooting skills together, as a team! We look forward to this camp every December and can’t think of a better way to end a year.
Thanks to all of our kids who came out and made this year end one of our best yet!